Sunday 2 September 2012

Infinity




“Let’s play a game. Forget me for one day, do things that will keep you busy, indulge yourself, and never think of me. If you lose then I’ll break up with you.”

I was shocked. What kind of game was that? Is he serious? That was piffle; those superfluous words he said sank through my very own heart. I didn’t know what to do after then. I agreed to everything he said. That’s how I love him so much. But what I didn’t understand was why did it have to be like this? I didn’t even know what the price is if I would win. Adrian was my boyfriend for almost 5 years then he would think like this. He smiled at me and said “You can do it, babe” then he left.

I was alone in the depot. I acquiesce his challenge and left too. When I arrived home, I quickly moved into my room. Still, thinking of what had happen. Those words were running through my mind like tautology. I looked into my cupboard, and got my mobile phone. I have not received any texts from him. I almost cried. Was he really serious? But why? Then I think to myself, I should not bother myself about that for it was only a game.

I ran downstairs and went to the kitchen and find something to eat. As he said, do things that will keep me busy. I found a parfait and guzzle them hastily. Then I quaff 5 bottles of beer. I was so crazy then. I became garrulous and conspicuous. My mother arrived and asked me what happened. Since, I was out of my mind; I suddenly fell on the floor taciturnly.

I woke up late in the morning, seeing myself on the bed. I lay down again. Then my mother called me. I ran off the stairs and she told me that I am the assignee in going to the market to buy some foods. I fixed my hair and because I am a stubborn one, I rode on a motorcycle to go to the market. As I was strolling through the market, I saw Adrian’s babushka along the way. I stopped, and she asked me, if I knew already what happened to Adrian. She was crying. I was lost in words. I don’t know what to say for we’re not communicating for one day. All of a sudden, his mother arrived and they went already.
I left home so worried. What had happen to him? Oh, God help me.

Then I woke up in the morning, my mother was in front of my room. Her face was full of sadness and I didn’t know why. I went to her and ask her what happened. Then she told me that Adrian died because of brain cancer. It was stage four as my mother told me. I fell on the floor; I didn’t know what to do. It’s like my world stopped for a while. I cried. Loneliness filled the whole room. Now, I knew the reason why he had to be like this all the time. Life was so unfair. I should have stay with him and spend his last hours with full of memories to remember, even for the last time. But what can I do? I chose to agreed with him. Losing him was blue, like I’d never known. Remembering him comes in flashbacks and echoes. It was tough but I need to accept the fact that he's gone. 

I went to his burial and her mother gave me a letter. It was written there, “You did it babe. Now try doing it every day. I love you” – Adrian.

INFORMAL THEME 2.1 "Infinity"

No comments:

Post a Comment